I have always loved words and have had the good fortune to embrace the rules of grammar and usage easily from a young age.
Studying several languages in addition to my native English helped me understand how deeply the effectiveness of our communication depends on the culture in which our verbal and written language develops.
Reading Don Quixote in both English and the original Spanish, as well as translating poetry between the two languages, deepened this understanding.
My first book, Defyning Moments: Lessons from an Ordinary Life, is published by the Professional Women's Network.
I am a co-author of Breaking Free: Overcoming Self-Sabotage, also published by the Professional Women's Network.
The book manuscript for Animals Know! What Animals Teach Us, will be submitted in 2014 for publication.
I've had the great honor of being interviewed on television, radio, and in print, and have written editorials and columns for a variety of publications.
Check out my contributoins to the Electrical Contractor Magazine which is the Official Publication of the National Electrical Contractors Association.
As a speaker, I've presented workshops on business topics and keynotes on motivational and lifestyle topics. As a teacher, it was a delight to share ideas and witness the learning process unfold.
Keynote, Presentation and Workshop topics include:
- Animals Know! - What animals teach us about life, love, joy, forgiveness, and death.
- Defyning Moments: Learn how defying your life plan enables you to define a more fulfilling path and live your true purpose.
- Breaking the Glass: Remove the obstacles that sabotage your path to success.
- Communicating Through VAK: Identify and use preferred modalities (visual, auditory, kinesthetic) to build rapport with anyone any time.
- Dealing with Difficult People: Work and play well with the most challenging people you encounter.
- Your Time Is Your Life: Acquire tools and strategies for improving your productivity and organizing your life.
- Individualized presentations for your organization or group.